WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2012
Are you left wondering what is covered under a renter’s insurance policy? Imagine taking your home, turning it upside down and shaking it. Almost everything that falls out is covered under your renter’s insurance policy (your personal belongings). Most renters’ insurance policy cover:
- Loss or damage to personal property
- Personal liability in case of injury to others or damage to someone else's property
- Additional living expenses when your apartment or rented home is damaged
- Medical expenses paid to others who are injured in your apartment or rented home
The average renters policy cost anywhere from $10-$25/monthly, depending on the amount of coverage you are looking for. Don’t forget to ask about discounts for having multiple policies. You can receive up to 20% off annually by combining your car insurance policy with your renters insurance.
To get a quote please call us 703-449-1327 or if you are in the Chantilly area, stop by at our office located at 14102 Sullyfield Circle, Suite 100A, Chantilly, VA 20151. You can also fill out a quote request form on our website: www.pmabenefits.com
. We will provide you with a Renters Insurance or Auto Insurance quote promptly, by one of our licensed Insurance Agents.
In most cases, your landlord should have their own insurance policy protecting the home/structure, usually referred to as a landlord policy. This applies to rental homes, apartments, condos, manufactured homes, etc… If you are a landlord looking for details on insuring your rental property, please call us for a quote directly at 703-449-1327. PMA Insurance Services offers coverage in Virginia, Washington, DC to Idaho and Washington.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2012
Goodman Argues Against ACA's Pre-Existing Condition Coverage.
John C. Goodman, President of the National Center for Policy Analysis, argues against the way the Affordable Care Act offers coverage to those with pre-existing conditions in an op-ed for the Wall Street Journal (10/17, Goodman, Subscription Publication). He believes the ACA's guarantee of coverage will be too costly, and will unfairly burden the healthy and young who shouldn't have to pay the same premiums as those who are very ill. Further, he thinks that the provision could encourage people to wait until after they get sick to buy insurance. He then suggests more efficient alternatives, including that favored by Mitt Romney.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2012
Why an Independent Insurance Agent?
Some people think it doesn't really matter where they buy their insurance. But this misconception could be costing them money, service and protection. Buying insurance isn't like buying bread or milk. Insurance is an important safety net for your family, your home, your car or your business. Don't treat the purchase lightly!
There is a difference in where you buy your protection. Many people don't realize there are three sources for insurance:
- Captive agents, who can sell you the insurance of only one company.
- Telephone representatives, who can offer you the insurance of one company and only on the telephone.
- Independent insurance agents, who represent an average of eight insurance companies and research with these firms to find you the best combination of price, coverage and service.
Here are some important points about purchasing insurance from an independent insurance agent:
- Unlike other agents, an independent insurance agent is not tied to one insurance company. You don’t need to change agencies as your insurance and service needs change.
- An independent insurance agent treats you like a person, not a number. You can develop a personal relationship with your independent insurance agent. Can you do that with a voice on the phone? Your independent insurance agent has strong customer and community ties.
- An independent insurance agent offers one-stop shopping. Dealing with a direct response company or a captive agent limits you to the plans available through only one company. An independent insurance agent offers many plans through many companies, giving the consumer the potential for the broadest range of coverage at a competitive price. One call puts you in touch with someone who can do the comparison shopping for you.
- An independent insurance agent provides personalized claims service. When you purchase insurance from a direct response company or a captive agent, who is going to assist you in the event of a claim? Your independent insurance agent is there for you when you need help. Your agent can contact the insurance company and get the claim process rolling, help you fill out claim forms, advise you on the progress of your claim, and work closely with the insurance company to make sure you get a prompt and fair settlement of a valid claim.
Give PMA Insurance Services a call, we are here to help you with your auto, home, and business. firstname.lastname@example.org
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2012
Need an SR-22 or FR-44 Filing for your auto insurance? Confused on how to get an SR-22? PMA Insurance Services can make getting an SR-22 or FR-44 hassle free!
An SR-22/FR-44 is a document that shows proof of financial responsibility. SR-22/FR-44s are associated with some of the following:
-DUI or DWI or any serious moving violation
-At-fault accidents while driving without insurance
-Repeat traffic offenses or getting too many tickets in a short time period
-License suspension or revoked license
If you need an SR-22 or FR-44 expect a long relationship with your SR-22 or FR-44, most likely three years, similar to a probationary period after a criminal offense. You must carry continuous insurance during the specified period of time before SR-22 or FR-44 status is removed. If your policy lapses or is canceled, your auto insurance company is required to notify the state immediately and your license will be suspended again.
Feel free to call us anytime at 703-449-1327. We will file the actual SR-22 form with your state's Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to show proof of insurance for you. Once we file your SR-22 or FR-44, your license suspension will be lifted and you can drive again legally. SR-22 or FR-44s are state specific — what's required in one state may not apply in another state. If you are in need of an SR 22 or FR-44, we service Virginia and Maryland (FR-19). Call PMA Insurance Services at 703-449-1327 for details on SR-22/FR-44 Filing.
PMA Insurance Services can provide you with an SR-22/FR-44 through many companies including GMAC, Progressive, Titan, Unitrin, and many more! We will do the shopping for you. Don’t compromise your coverage because you are in need of an SR22 or FR-44. Call us today for low rates on an SR 22 or FR-44. (703) 449-1327.
We also offer Safeco, Travelers, Hartford, MetLife, Kemper, and Allied. We serve all of Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2012
October 11, 2012
Are you looking for a local Safeco Agent in Fairfax, VA? PMA Insurance Services can help Safeco clients in Virginia and Maryland to help them with their auto and home insurance needs.
Safeco is a great company, we can be your great agency!
Give us a call at (703) 449-1327 or e-mail us at email@example.com.